myfreightcareer, in partnership with the Australian Federation of International Forwarders (AFIF) are excited to announce HLB Mann Judd as the sponsors of our Customs Broking Continuing Professional Development Program for the remainder of the 2014/5 CPD year.
What does that mean for you? You will be able to attend our CPD Briefings at no cost.
We welcome HLB Mann Judd’s commitment to Customs Broker development and look forward to making further announcements concerning the impact this sponsorship will have on AFIF members and myfreightcareer clients.
HLB Mann Judd is a leading mid-sized chartered accounting group, providing business advice and services to a wide range of business organisations and private clients.
We have been fortunate to assemble a panel of expert Professionals and we believe the content they will present will prove to be invaluable to all participants.
Sydney: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 – Bonnie Doon Golf Club, Banks Ave, Pagewood
Melbourne: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 – Quality Hotel, Mickleham Rd, Tullamarine
9am to 1pm
Not applicable (thanks to HLB Mann Judd’s sponsorship)
Chain of Responsibility– accredited with 2 (“Stream 2”) CPD Points
Iain Sharples – Thomas Miller
The impact of breaches of Chain of Responsibility requirements could have far reaching implications, not only in respect of insurance and liability but also in respect of your business. We will review these issues and discuss potential risk management and loss prevention measures, together with legal implications that may arise. We will also give an insight from a regulator’s perspective including how far industry has to go in terms of understanding and compliance with the legislation.
Customs Powers – Enter, Search & Seize – accredited with 3 (“Stream 2”) CPD Points
Tony Greenwood – Shire Legal
Will you be prepared when Customs come knocking?
This session will be presented by Tony Greenwood from Shire Legal, who was admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW as a solicitor in 2000. Tony, who is also a licensed Customs Broker, gives valuable advice concerning:
1. the powers Customs may utilise should they pay you a visit; and
2. your obligations and rights.
Drawbacks – Are You Taking Full Advantage? – accredited with 2 “Stream 2” CPD Points
Steven Butler – Henning Harders
Ask yourself these questions:
1. Is your team completely up to date with the latest information concerning Drawbacks?
2. Are you gaining full benefit for your clients from the Drawback provisions?
3. Are you increasing income by providing this service to your clients?
If the answer is not a resounding “YES”, attendance at this session will assist you to take full advantage of the Drawback facility.
Are you managing your Customs Brokerage efficiently? – (“Stream 3”) CPD Points – TBA
Ms Kim Kelloway – HLB Mann Judd
Can you answer “Yes” to the following business critical questions:
1. Do you have the right tools to manage your business and make well informed business decisions?
2. Do you understand the financial health of your business?
3. Do you understand the areas to concentrate on in order to improve your cashflow?
4. Do you think you properly manage the collection and payment of Customs Broking disbursements, including Customs Duty and GST?
5. Do you understand your direct and indirect tax obligations?
In today’s environment you need to be able to obtain reliable information and have the right tools to manage and obtain economic efficiencies.
If you have answered “No” to any of the above questions this session will greatly benefit you. The presentation will explore some ideas and tools you can use to ensure you are managing your business rather than your business managing you.
To register to attend, please send an email with your name, company and contact details to email@example.com