Complete receival and despatch
Complete receival and despatch documentation (TLIA0004) and Organise receival and despatch operations (TLIA0015)
My Freight Career (MFC) is now offering an online training and assessment course for the nationally accredited units of competency TLIA0004 – Complete receival and despatch documentation, and TLIA0015 – Organise receival and despatch operations. This online course combines both units of competency, and can be delivered anywhere at any time and at your own pace.
It will equip you with the skills and knowledge required to organise and complete receival and despatch operations in accordance with regulations, codes of practice, and workplace requirements in the transport and logistics industry.
The successful completion of this nationally recognised unit of competency can be used towards obtaining a Certificate III Supply Chain qualification.
- Compliance with logistics operations procedures for the receipt and despatch of cargo, and the related WHS requirements.
- Understanding of the teams, roles, and responsibilities that are included in logistics operations receipt and despatch procedures.
- Understand what constitutes discrepancies in cargo.
- Communication methods used within logistics operations relating to receipt and despatch procedures.
- How to contribute to the planning and management of a receipt and despatch operation.
- Equipment and documents required to receive, store, and despatch cargo.
- Housekeeping standards and related WHS, Environmental, and industry procedures and legislation.
- Common signs and labels used in the logistics industry.
- Video presentations on core units of required knowledge.
- Written manual and learner guide materials.
- Activities and knowledge checks to determine if you are ready to undertake the assessment.
As these are nationally recognised units of competency, you will be assessed once you have completed all training materials and course requirements.
Assessment for these units of competency include:
- Short written knowledge responses
- Industry scenario analysis
- Simulated workplace task
Assessment will be carried out by a qualified MFC Assessor and all questions will require a satisfactory assessment before you will be awarded competency. See FAQ below for more information about the assessment including resubmissions.
Online. This course is a self-paced study program, conducted through our online learning platform. Modules can be accessed by the student at a time that best suits their needs. Training and assessment is to be completed independently in your own time.
20-40 hours (approx.) depending on your level of industry experience and current knowledge.
Ability to read, write and comprehend English text and complete basic mathematical calculations to at least the level of Australian year 10 schooling or equivalent.
- A computer device and internet access.
- USI (unique student identifier) and photo identification.
- Completion of a short LL&N (Language, Literacy, and Numeracy) test to ensure you are at the required minimum skill level to be able to complete the course.
Upon successful completion of the training and assessment requirements and materials, you will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment of competency in TLIA0004 – Complete receival and despatch documentation and TLIA0015 – Organise receival and despatch operations.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for anyone wanting to gain knowledge of the logistics and supply chain industry and is ideal for:
- Anyone who would like to gain knowledge of industry roles.
- New workers in a transport and logistics or supply chain business.
- Existing transport and logistics or supply chain industries staff working in a receiving or despatch operation role who would like to formalise their knowledge and gain an accreditation.
- Existing transport and logistics or supply chain staff from other parts of the business requiring knowledge to cross train.
- Anyone working towards a Certificate III Supply Chain qualification.
This course will allow you to:
- Gain knowledge of receiving and despatch operations within the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Formalise the experience you may already have, and gain an accreditation which may be used towards an industry qualification.
- Learn new skills and knowledge to assist in your current role.
- Develop your skill-set and cross train in other areas of the logistics and supply chain industry.
- Work towards a Certificate III Supply Chain Operations qualification.
My Freight Career (MFC) is both an RTO (Registered Training Organisation), and GTO (Group Training Organisation). We have been successfully delivering training in transport and logistics nationally recognised units of competency, certifications, and qualifications, for the freight forwarding, logistics and supply chain industries for more than 20 years. Our Assessors are industry experienced and qualified, and our material is relevant and current to the freight forwarding, logistics and supply chain industries.
My Freight Career’s RTO code is 90489.
Self-paced learning is constructed in a way that you the learner can work through the course material at your own pace and in your own time. We understand that learners undertaking this course may work in an environment where time for study and learning is limited, so a flexible approach to when you can complete the course will best suit your needs.
My Freight Career’s course is delivered to you using the latest e-learning platform, so it is ready and available to you at any time of the day or night.
During the hours of 0830 to 1700 AEST any support request sent via e-mail will be answered by one of our qualified and experienced trainers. All requests sent outside of these hours will be answered at the earliest convenience of our trainers the next day.
You can login as many times as you like. You can save your work at anytime and return as many times as required during your training.
As the course is self-paced the start date will be once you choose to enrol and payment is received. It is then up to the learner to complete the course at a time that suits them via tablet, PC & smartphone.
You can review your learning resources at any time to assist you when completing the assessment. MFC Assessors will provide you with notes for any question you have not answered satisfactorily and you can then reattempt the question. You have until the end of your course period or up to five attempts (whichever comes first) to successfully complete the assessment.
Your records are securely stored. Please contact My Freight Career if you need your training records (you will be required to verify your details).
The assessment will include short written knowledge responses, an Industry scenario analysis, a simulated workplace task and completion of COR Breach Reports.