myfreightcareer were pleased to receive an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to attend their Licensing Review Industry Workshop in Canberra on Friday 20 January 2017.
The Front-Line Group, comprising the Registered Training Organisation myfreightcareer and Recruitment Specialist Front-Line Resources Management, specialise in the Global Logistics sector and have a unique perspective of the industry’s needs, gleaned from our dealings with companies and individuals in the delivery of:
• Customs Broking and other industry specific training
• Recruitment Solutions
The Department advises the purpose of the workshop is to ensure they have an accurate understanding of three issues, identified by stakeholders, where there is a wide range of views. These issues are:
1. the role of the National Customs Brokers Licensing Advisory Committee;
2. whether one license should cover multiple establishments; and
3. whether to introduce classes of licenses for Customs Brokers.
myfreightcareer first made representations concerning Broker Licensing to the then Australian Customs Service in June 2005. It is of interest that our initial submission recommended:
• a review of the Broker Licensing process
• the introduction of classes of Brokers Licences
• the ongoing re-certification of Customs Brokers to ensure their “current competency” (now a reality via the “Continuing Professional Development” program).
Over the next 11 years myfreightcareer has continued to agitate for change to the licensing of Customs Brokers and we look forward to the opportunity to once again champion the views of the myfreightcareer and Front-Line Resources Management teams and our many clients, be they companies or individuals.
The “Long and Winding Road” will never disappear, but hopefully the workshop will let the DIBP know the way to a Customs Licensing System that will be relevant to the realities of conducting business in 2017 and beyond.
Please contact myfreightcareer on 1800 881 075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive our report on the outcomes of the workshop.